At Aztec, our goal is to take the original promise of Ethereum–a decentralized and verifiable world computer–and expand its capability immensely by making it fully encrypted.
In the current public blockchain paradigm, users and entities unknowingly broadcast data in the public, compromising privacy and security to get trustlessness.
Not only are unencrypted blockchains inherently privacy-exposing, they require significant redundancy to compute and verify the legitimacy of transactions.
Implementing scalable encryption in a public blockchain paradigm requires cutting-edge math and engineering. Thankfully, our team of scientists and engineers invented Plonk, the industry-standard zkSNARK, and Noir, the universal language of zero knowledge.
Now, we’re building a first of its kind public-private encrypted blockchain: Ethereum, encrypted. And it’s now time to bring it to market.
We’ve raised $125 million from industry-leading investors including a16z crypto, Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital, and we’re growing quickly.
We're looking for entrepreneurial thinkers that are interested in tackling new problems working across the entire
- Understand the full system architecture end to end
- Prioritize and document technical debt and un-necessary complexity within the system
- Implement solutions and improvements for key stakeholders
- Refactor code, improving readability, documentation, maintainability and unit testing
- Influence and enhance current engineering bar
- Ensure we're using the most up-to-date tooling and development workflows for maximum developer efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field
- 3+ years solid engineering experience in web3 / blockchain
- Strong knowledge of Merkle Trees and how they work
- Fluent in Typescript (3+ years experience)
- Full stack capable, but with a focus on backend architecture, development and deployment at scale
- Able to provide clear and constructive feedback on less senior engineers’ PR’s, mentoring where necessary
- C++ and Solidity experience a bonus
- Located in the UK or can operate in Greenwich Mean Time Zone
- Familiarity with current Ethereum tooling (for inspiration)
- Passion for the web3 space
- Familiarity with other private blockchain technologies like ZCash
- Knowledge of peer-to-peer decentralized networking tools
- A love for Merkle Trees
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team