About Xage Security
Xage is the first and only zero trust real-world security company. Powered by the Xage Fabric, the company’s Identity & Access Management (IAM), remote access and dynamic data security solutions allow customers to secure, manage and transform operations. With its distributed, scalable and easy-to-operate Fabric, Xage solves the complex digitization challenges of the real-world operations we rely on. Xage customers include leaders in manufacturing, energy O&G, utilities, Space, logistics and transportation.
Xage Security has been recognized as one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America in the recent CNBC’s Top 100 of the World’s Most Promising Start-Ups, and has raised a total of $62 million in venture capital.
About the role
The Principal Engineer role gives the successful candidate the opportunity of championing the design of path-breaking information security products that address key gaps in security for the Internet of Things. Xage’s product is a unique application of blockchain technology, which leverages the decentralization properties to put adversaries in a position of disadvantage. The role is pivotal to delivering thought leadership, reliability of the product and robustness of its design and architecture.
- Design and develop Xage distributed system and deployment projects including health monitoring and visualization.
- Design and develop Xage high availability and redundancy systems.
- Design and develop Xage upgrade systems across hundreds of nodes with intermittent connectivity.
- Define, develop and maintain the deployment process and tools for Xage deployment spanning across both IT, OT and Cloud environments.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and adopt best practices for highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Provide ongoing support and improving the system health and reliability.
- Experience building and maintaining distributed deployments of hundreds of nodes.
- Experience building upgrade systems that handle hundreds of nodes with intermittent connectivity.
- Must have experience with orchestration and configuration technologies like Ansible, Kubernetes, Nomad, Salt, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with service mesh and discovery such as Consul, ISTO or similar.
- Fluent in Go/Python/C++ software development.
- Must have knowledge and working experience with microservice architecture.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Docker and Docker-compose.
- Expert linux system administration skills for OS such as Ubuntu, Alpine, Red Hat Linux, etc.
- Must have extensive debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and experience with agile software development methodology.
- Plus for experience working with cloud providers such Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- We will process visa transfers and immigration
- Early stage opportunity in a massive sized market with proven traction and growing rapidly
Awards and Recognition
- CNBC: 100 of the World’s Most Promising Start-Ups
- Forbes: Top 25 IoT Startups to Watch 2019
- San Francisco Business Times: Top 10 Best Places to Work for 2019 and 2020
- IoT Breakthrough Awards: 2021 Emerging Company of the Year
- SC Awards” “Best Identity Management Solution” finalist 2022
- Network World: 10 Hot IoT Startups to Watch 2018
- Gartner: Gartner Cyber-Physical Systems Protection Platform and OT Security (2022)
$140,000 - $200,000 a year